|Falling-Film Chiller Process reliability to produce constant ice water near freezing point
Falling-Film Chiller or baudelot ice water cooler are mainly designed for cooling water down to 0.5°C near freezing point. In order to avoid building of ice at the panels, the suction gas pressure at the evaporator suction header has to be regulated, to keep the evaporation temperature not lower than the designed one, e. g. -3°C, as well as accordingly the water temperatures and flow. At systems used with e. g. glycol inside, the glycol inlet temperature has to be controlled.
|Falling-Film Chiller advantages
* No risk of freezing with ice water of 0.5 ° C
* Suitable for contaminated liquids (for example greywater or red water)
* Easy access to the open system
* Easy to clean
* No seals
* Enclosed design prevents product contamination
* Completely made of stainless steel, also for salt water
* Special falling film chiller versions possible
Falling-Film Chiller technical specifications
* Capacities from 10 kW to 10,000 kW
* Evaporator for all primary refrigerants (NH3, freons, CO2) and operating modes, secondary refrigerants (Any type of Glycol) or for brine operation
* All stainless steel materials, from AISI304 up to titanium, 254-SMO, Duplex etc.
* Plug-in units up to 100 kW, or for on-site refrigeration systems
Falling-Film Chiller applications and benefits
* Evaporator for water cooling up to 0.5 ° C.
* Fastest cooling of food close to freezing by high efficiency
* No risk of freezing damage to food used in fresh produce, bakeries, meat, fish, seafood etc.
* Falling-Film Chiller are preferred in application of high capacities with limited ground space
* Falling-Film Chiller plates chill liquids to almost refrigerant temperature
* Ideal for cooling down milk, yoghurt and cheese cooling as well as for beer, meat, fish, vegetables and food and beverages in general
Falling-Film Chiller simple maintenance
* Comfortable access to the open system
* Easy to clean:
* open water distribution tray
* large discharge opening for the discharge of particles
* removable side panels
* open construction plate system